Rainbow Beauty…. {kent island maryland photographer}

October 23, 2011

The M family members are troopers.  Vacationing from NJ on Kent Island, MD, they wanted me to come out and photograph them on the waters of the Chesapeake Bay.  I was originally slated for a Saturday night shoot.  But then the weather forecast said 70% chance of rain.  So we moved it to the night before.  Only 20% chance of rain.

Wouldn’t you know, it started to rain on my drive in.  It sprinkled all of my time there, with a short heavy rain in the middle (we hid and shot on the porch).  The beautiful crazy of it all?  We could see directly across the bay to Annapolis… where the sun was setting and gorgeous.  So the silhouette you’re about to see?  Raining on us.

Enough about the story… what a genuinely gorgeous family.  Such warm and generous hearts… mom had never met before… but the wind had picked up and she kindly lent me her sweatshirt.  They were true sports to follow my directions in the windy drizzle….

Thanks M family!  I’m SO HAPPY for the raindrops we had that night!

Robbie posted the following on October 23, 2011 at 9:11 am.

I love it when a family is up for anything! These are gorgeous – check out that rainbow!! So cool!

Lina posted the following on October 23, 2011 at 9:47 am.

Goodness! I want to vacation there and have my family pictures done by you :) Love it!

anette posted the following on October 23, 2011 at 10:40 am.

ohhh, these turned out amazing even though you got rained on. I love the darker mood of these which is brightened by the big smiles!! The one with the rainbow is just stunning and I love that first family picture…how fun is that? Te family is beautiful and I love how you captured them!!!

Jennifer posted the following on October 23, 2011 at 11:16 am.

Beautiful images and family! LOVE the rainbow, how cool! And the sunset silhouette…gorgeous!!

Amy posted the following on October 23, 2011 at 3:49 pm.

Beautiful family love these photos. And a rainbow to top it off makes it even better!

Sarah posted the following on October 23, 2011 at 4:49 pm.

These are gorgeous! The one with the rainbow would make an awesome wall portrait printed huge.

Tiffany Bender posted the following on October 24, 2011 at 5:02 am.

Oh my!!! That rainbow shot was worth the dance in the rain for sure!!!! AMAZING

Scarlett posted the following on October 24, 2011 at 5:46 am.

doesn’t get much more perfect than that! gorgeous family, incredible rainbow:) LOVE this sesssion!

Amanda posted the following on October 24, 2011 at 6:03 am.

These are STUNNING! How did you get that rainbow in there, Andrea? ;) You are magical for sure. I love the ones of them jumping, but my fav is the black and white of the girls. So classic and lovely.

Jaidean posted the following on October 24, 2011 at 7:45 am.

These are gorgeous, rain or no rain! Love the rainbow!

Kimberly Marie posted the following on October 24, 2011 at 10:59 am.

Absolutely gorgeous session! LOVE the rainbow shot :)

CJ Wilkes posted the following on October 26, 2011 at 10:16 pm.

That silhouette is AWESOME!!! I love all the images. The one near the dock in front of the house is priceless. They are all fantastic – Well done!

kristen holly posted the following on October 28, 2011 at 7:08 am.

The rainbow one is amazing! How lucky was that?! And the one of them jumping on (off?) the dock is fabulous!! Both of those need to be on their walls for sure!

Jhari posted the following on October 30, 2011 at 4:09 am.

Perfect shots Andrea. Love it all.

kelly g posted the following on November 1, 2011 at 8:56 am.

Love the silhouette shot and that rainbow is incredible!!! Nice shots!

Carolyn posted the following on August 19, 2013 at 3:21 am.

Hello,

My Dad is turning 70 in a few weeks. We are having a small family gathering (7 adults, 2 children) at my brother’s home in Grasonville, Kent Island.

I’m wondering if you would be free for an hour on September 8th to take a few family portraits?

And, what would your pricing be?

Thanks,