Full Circle… {metro washington dc, baby, infant, newborn photography}

April 27, 2010

Normally I would never, in a million years, show a horrid photo of myself online. But, in the importance of story telling… here I go.  Mind you, I did just give birth.   361 days ago, Nate and I were bringing our long-awaited princess home from the hospital.  Out in front of our house the big tree has just dropped all of it’s beautiful pink petals…. and Nate quickly snapped this photo for me….

andrea burns photography

I remember thinking, I can’t wait to do Audrey’s first birthday portraits in next year’s petals.

So then, there was a year of growth and changes…

andrea burns photography

And all of a sudden I noticed the tree out front was pregnant with blooms.  Surely, not yet.  Just please wait….  but no, the world kept turning, and those petals dropped.  And in one sunny afternoon, between rain storms I was able to freeze these moments….

andrea burns photography

andrea burns photography

andrea burns photography

My polka-dottie girl in her pink-petal glory.   Full circle, one year of days.

katie posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 1:55 pm.

beautiful! I’m all teary!

Deb posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 1:59 pm.

oh. my. word. Andrea! These are fabulous!!

Lisa posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 2:00 pm.

What a beautiful story and beautiful images to complete it! Happy Birthday, Audrey!!!

Lisa Lotter posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 2:07 pm.

Your baby girl is so beautiful. I’ve loved watching her grow up in front of your lens. She so darn pretty! Your story is a sweet one and the backdrop in your front yard is priceless.

Jhari posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 2:40 pm.

I still remember the time u blogged about giving birth Ms Andrea. Audrey’s so cute! I love her smile. May God always save her and your family.

Heather M posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 2:51 pm.

Andrea, I think my children are the most beautiful creatures I ever laid eyes on. Is it wrong that I say your daughter is right up there with them…if not peeking over? I have NEVER in my life seen a more prettier little girl!!!!!

Michelle Adams posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 3:33 pm.

Love, love, love these, Andrea!!!!!
And the story behind in the petals makes it oh so much more special!!!!!!

Michelle M posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 3:55 pm.

Just beautiful!!!

Brittany Fantuz posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 4:21 pm.

Happy Birthday to Audrey – what a beautiful little girl you have.

Alisha Shaw posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 5:00 pm.

I love your fun pictures and story! Oh how time flies! Keep it up!

michelle posted the following on April 27, 2010 at 8:53 pm.

These are so pretty! My baby girl looks so much like your little girl! Audrey is just gorgous! Where did u get her cute little bracelet?

Mary Ellen posted the following on April 28, 2010 at 7:01 am.

So adorable! I love it.

Angyla posted the following on April 28, 2010 at 8:00 am.

What a sweet story. Gorgeous photos, but that second photo of Audrey in the petals is stunning!
Do you mind sharing where you found her dress, it it too cute!!

admin posted the following on April 28, 2010 at 9:31 am.

Thanks so much ladies! The bracelet was from Etsy, and the dress was from Old Navy.

Amber posted the following on April 28, 2010 at 9:37 am.

andrea!!! love these! :D

Lindsay Banner posted the following on April 28, 2010 at 10:30 am.

Why did that make me cry!? Am I still hormonal from having a baby- I thought I was done with that? Maybe it’s just because I know how incredibly special it is to bring a baby home and watch her grow for the first year…I have loved that with each of my babies and I am so loving it with Chloe too! It really has been fun to be *a part* of Audrey’s 1st year! ;) …and PS- in all honesty- you look WAY better than my first photos coming homr from the hospital! I should email them to you so you believe me… YIKES!

Anndee posted the following on April 28, 2010 at 12:52 pm.

Beautiful – and I commend you for posting a “new mom” picture. I am now kicking myself for not taking advantage of the pink pedals around here that have now blown away. Nicely done of course.

Angelina S posted the following on April 29, 2010 at 7:47 am.

Awww, seriously, these last few posts have me teary. :) What a lucky little girl to have you for a mommy!

Laura posted the following on April 29, 2010 at 9:27 am.

Oh you are making me want to cry too. As the mother of five ranging in ages 5 to 27 I can attest to the fact that having children is an assurance that time will fly. sigh…
Your little is beautiful beyond words. Enjoy. *