Where The Wild Things Are

November 9, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one kind and another

Where the Wild Things Are | Andrea Burns Photography

his mother called him “WILD THING!”
and Max said “I’LL EAT YOU UP!”
so he was sent to bed without eating anything.

Where the Wild Things Are | Andrea Burns Photography

That very night in Max’s room a forest grew

and grew-

Where the Wild Things Are | Andrea Burns Photography

and grew until his ceiling hung with vines and the walls became the world all around

Where the Wild Things Are | Andrea Burns Photography

and an ocean tumbled by with a private boat for Max and he sailed off through night and day
and in and out of weeks
and almost a year
to where the wild things are.

Where the Wild Things Are | Andrea Burns Photography

And when he came to the place where the wild things are
they roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth
and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws
till Max said “BE STILL!”
and tamed them with the magic trick
of staring into their yellow eyes without blinking once
and they were frightened and called him the most wild thing of all

Where the Wild Things Are | Andrea Burns Photography

and made him king of all the wild things.
“And now,” cried Max, “let the wild rumpus start!”

Where the Wild Things Are | Andrea Burns Photography

“Now Stop!” cried Max and sent the wild things off to bed
without their supper. And Max the king of all the wild things was lonely and wanted to be where someone loved him best of all.
Then all around from far away across the world he smelled good things to eat
so he gave up being king of where the wild things are.

Where the Wild Things Are | Andrea Burns Photography

But the Wild things cried, “Oh please don’t go- we’ll eat you up- we love you so!”
And Max said, “No!”
The wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth
and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws
but Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye
and sailed back over a year
and in and out of weeks
and through a day

Where the Wild Things Are | Andrea Burns Photography

and into the night of his very own room
where he found his supper waiting for him

and it was still hot

**************************************

Where the Wild Things Are | Andrea Burns Photography

Tiffany Bender posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 10:05 am.

This is amazing and so are you ++!

Sinead posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 10:15 am.

This is awesome! I love it, Andrea!!

Brittany Swift posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 10:18 am.

You’re Amazing and so Artistic…..I love this…This is my #1 fav of yours so far!

Giovanna posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 10:24 am.

The creativity baffles me! Just wonderful!

megan posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 10:30 am.

Love these! Such a fun idea.

HeatherB posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 10:31 am.

Andrea, this is just so gosh darn cute! Your photos are amazing and I loved your take on the story! :)

Zoe Berkovic posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 10:31 am.

No way! This is too cute! Adore it!!

jennifer posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 10:35 am.

awww these are fantastic, absolutely adorable. I love these so fun!

Heather posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 11:22 am.

I love it!!!

Katherine posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 11:34 am.

Aww; that first photo is so cute!! And I also love the one of him in the tree. It looks like you both had a lot of fun recreating the story!

Danielle McCarty posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 12:02 pm.

This is too cute and creative! LOVE it! :)

Michelle Adams posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 1:31 pm.

So, so creative and adorable, Andrea!!!!!!! TFS!!!!

Fola posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 1:41 pm.

how cute is his costume? love it…

Jane Eaton Hamilton posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 3:21 pm.

So sweet and creative, Andrea.

Donna posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 5:29 pm.

Just adorable- the little guy (And your creativity stuns me!)

Lina posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 6:25 pm.

Love it! So fun and creative!

Jennifer Boggett posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 8:45 pm.

I love this! What a great idea – and what a priceless keepsake of this age!

Alice posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 8:59 pm.

Pure brilliance! He’ll treasure them when he is older!

Sharon Dale posted the following on November 9, 2009 at 10:30 pm.

Oh wow Andrea, this is just totally amazing and I can’t wait to see the new movie when it’s released in Australia. I always adore your photo shoots :)

The "Other" Andrea posted the following on November 10, 2009 at 7:22 am.

CUTE!! And as I was shopping this morning…did I see this lil man in the GAP ad???? If not…he has a TWIN!!

lorissa posted the following on November 10, 2009 at 9:21 am.

Andrea- So much fun. I love these! Your son is just adorable!

Rachel Acord posted the following on November 10, 2009 at 10:19 am.

This is the cutest thing ever!

Angyla posted the following on November 10, 2009 at 2:17 pm.

That is so cool!!

Angela Crutcher posted the following on November 12, 2009 at 7:50 am.

This is super cute! LOVE it!

Anndee posted the following on November 12, 2009 at 10:27 pm.

So stinking cute! Adorable costume, forest, and of course kid. What a great story – that should end up in a book of his very own. Nicely done!

Danielle posted the following on November 14, 2009 at 8:39 am.

such wonderful pictures :)

WE just saw the movie, so these pictures are really brought to life for me!

wonderful Andrea :)

Julie Conley posted the following on November 15, 2009 at 1:31 pm.

I can “see” your delight as you wrote this adorable piece and photographed Lucas in his element :) Keep up the good work!

kandi posted the following on November 18, 2009 at 12:48 pm.

These are fabulous!!!

Jhari El Oweini posted the following on November 19, 2009 at 6:54 pm.

I saw myself really interested in the story huh! Great job Ms Andrea. By the way, you look stunning on your profile shot ;)

JaneA posted the following on November 20, 2009 at 6:49 pm.

Andrea~This is amazing, such beautiful work and so creatively shown. Lucas must be your nephew????
Your work is—fresh—engaged—relaxed—people themselves happy!
I looked at your website and blog after you answered a question I posted on ilp this afternoon about how to post to a thread. thanks for that. I’m going to go try it now.

Bree posted the following on January 27, 2010 at 5:24 pm.

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!! Absolutely amazing!!!

Haruko posted the following on September 23, 2010 at 5:15 am.

Hi Andrea, I’m writing from Tokyo, Japan. I just fell in love with your photos as I was browsing online. My dream has always been to dress up my daughter as Max and take photos in a forest setting, i.e., exactly what I see in these photos! I wish you were here in Japan…just so you know that you have a fan across the ocean!

Suzanne Ellis posted the following on May 16, 2012 at 4:43 pm.

this is so cute. Nicely done Andrea!