waiting… {Maryland Maternity Photographer}

July 21, 2009

when i was 14 years old, right before high school started, i had to attend marching band camp.  the bus pulled up, and i stepped inside… i was nervous… i didn’t know to many people.  i just wanted to sit down quickly.  score!  and empty seat next to a nice-enough looking girl.

“can i sit with you?”  the dreaded question.

“of course” and she slid over.

a friendship began… 15 years later… through boyfriends, proms, senior “day- trips”, colleges hundreds of miles apart, fiancee’s, weddings…

one of my oldest and best friends is about to become a mama herself.

waiting1

waiting2

waiting3

waiting4

waiting5

waiting6

jana, my heart swells.  love to my dear, dear friend… who i’m sure is about to give birth to a stunning child that will marry one of my own.

jennifer posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 10:58 am.

oh what a beautiful mommy to be, I love the pink dress, a great color for her

Frannie posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 11:13 am.

Beautiful pictures. You do an amazing job of not just capturing great photos, but really getting a feel for how someone feels. Amazing.

Sharyn posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 11:29 am.

Such gorgeous photo’s. Love the pink and green contrast. – but they are all beautiful.

stefanie posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 11:50 am.

Beautiful! What a lovely way to honor your amazing friendship.

Ellie posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 12:44 pm.

WOW! Stunning photos! I love that first b&w one. Wish I’d had photos done of my pregnancies!

Rachel posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 1:35 pm.

WOW! Wonderful color and light. She is a lovely mother-to-be.

zin posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 1:56 pm.

Wonderful photos, you are such a clever friend! She will cherish those photos forever!

Amy posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 3:33 pm.

What a beautiful family.. I sure that little one is going to be supper cute. Love all the photos, you do such amazing work.

Kristy Lynn posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 4:11 pm.

Love this session. I love the on one the bridge. Great work!

Laura Stevens posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 4:32 pm.

I want to go back and have pictures done during my most favorite time, sadly they are 27, 25 and 20 so I think that ship has sailed.

Connie posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 6:16 pm.

Gorgeous! Love her colorful dress and wrap!

Giovanna posted the following on July 21, 2009 at 6:37 pm.

Gorgeous color! What a beautiful mama! Great job with these!! She really has the most perfect bump!!

Angela Crutcher posted the following on July 22, 2009 at 6:50 am.

What a baeautiful mommy! Gorgeous session!

Stacie posted the following on July 22, 2009 at 6:58 am.

What beautiful photos of a beautiful woman.

meghan Poort posted the following on July 22, 2009 at 7:01 am.

Beautiful work. She looks just lovely.

krysia posted the following on July 22, 2009 at 7:27 am.

LOVE these. That last one is just gorgeous. What a beautiful mom to be!

tina posted the following on July 22, 2009 at 11:44 am.

beautiful, gorgeous, stunning…all describe how wonderful these pictures are! amazing work :)

Priscilla posted the following on July 22, 2009 at 1:15 pm.

heheh…she’s gorgeous. what an awesome story, it’s incredible that you guys are still friends.

Jessica posted the following on July 22, 2009 at 9:50 pm.

Those photos are just stunning!! What a lovely lady… it sounds like you have a special friendship. I hope you’ll post photos of the little one when s/he arrives! ;)

jan posted the following on July 23, 2009 at 4:03 am.

i love all our photos. especially the ones where she’s wearing the hot pick dress!

Dawn posted the following on July 24, 2009 at 12:40 pm.

Found you on TDC blog train :) Your photography never ceases to amaze me – stunning photo’s

marianne posted the following on July 24, 2009 at 2:45 pm.

.wow. so stunning!! you captured them so very beautifully!! LOVE that you guys have been friends for so long, that’s awesome!! :)

Lina posted the following on July 27, 2009 at 4:56 pm.

Oh, that is so awesome for you to photograph your friend! You both are so blessed to have each other. Wonderful work as always, Andrea!

Jhari posted the following on July 31, 2009 at 5:34 pm.

So amazed with the preggy photos — and what? fixed marriage as early as now? Hahaha! LOL! For sure she’ll have a baby girl, she’s glowing.

Pingback from sweet, sweet baby abigail…. {washington dc newborn photographer} « Andrea Burns Photography Blog

[...] beautifully wearing the dress her Mama wore home from the hospital herself as a [...]